Monday, May 26, 2008

Foster knows Laminin

Foster came in to the kitchen Monday morning, it was Memorial Day so there was no school and I let the kids sleep until they woke up. So in he comes and the first thing out of his mouth this morning was "Mom, there's something on the computer I have to show you!" No "good morning" or "what's for breakfast?", just that he had to show me a video he saw a school. So he goes into the computer and starts to looking for the video he saw. Well, I ask a few questions and he said his teacher showed them (so I breathed a sigh of relief, these days you never know what kids will come across on the internet) and it was on "God Tube" (another sigh of relief!). I pulled up www.godtube.com and then we set about looking for his video. I asked what it was about and he said "laminin". Well, I have a biology background and I wasn't even sure what laminin was, but he told me it was a protien so I typed "laminin" into the search field on God Tube. Several vidoes pop up, a couple of them showing a man with the title "Louie Giglio - Laminin" beside the photo.

"That's it, Louie Giglio, that's the video I want you to see!" Foster said excitedly!

So I played the video and listened. The more Louie talked the more amazed I became. Yes, laminin is awesome, but what was even more awesome to me was that my seven-year-old son saw this video, understood the significance, remembered the scientific name of a protien molecule, remembered the name of the preacher, and thought about it days later and wanted to share it with me! I truly believe God is preparing Foster for a wonderful future, he has a heart and understanding of the things of God beyond his years.

I hope you are encouraged by Mr. Giglio's words as much as Foster and I were!



Louie Giglio - Laminin

No comments: